Park - Glasgow Rangers FC
Designed by the famous Archibald Leitch it was
opened in 1929.
This had been previously terracing, but bench
seats were fitted in 1973.
This was in response to safety concerns following
the Ibrox disaster
of 1971. It was also at that time
renamed the Centenary Stand.
East End Copland Terrace
West End (Broomloan
Record Attendance: 118,567 v Celtic,
January 2nd 1939.
Thanks to Mats Ronnerstan
for providing the photos above, they were
taken in 1975. At this time the capacity was
attendance is a Club record for any team
in the UK.
The stadium was largely re-developed in the
late 1970's/early 1980's with three new stands
being constructed. The Main Stand below was
retained, but in the early 1990's a third tier
was added, and seating replaced the terracing
in the lower enclosure. To either side
enclosed stairwells were added for spectator
access to the upper 'Club Deck' as it is
called, making the stand virtually
Return To The Old
Grounds And Stands Main
Guide Main Index