Wycombe Wanderers v Southend United
Saturday, February 23rd 2013, 3pm
By John Spooner
(Southend United fan)
1. Why you were looking forward to going to the ground?
It was my first visit
to Adams Park. A visit to a new ground always
makes it a bit more of interest.
2. How easy was your journey/finding the ground/car parking?
We travelled from North Wales via M6 M5 M42 and M40 using Satnav and the 180 mile journey was easy. We turned off at Junction 5 of M40 for the A40 as mentioned on this site by a Stockport fan and it was free of traffic jams and well sign posted. We arrived about 1 pm and parked in the top car park at the ground for free.
3. What you did before the game pub/chippy.... home fans friendly?
Home fans and stewards were particularly friendly. We sat in the car listening to commentary on Fulham v Stoke eating a pre packed lunch.
4. What you thought on seeing the ground, first impressions of away end then other sides of the ground?
The ground can be seen
from the car park and the Main Stand is set in
front of a wooded hillside.
5. Comment on the game itself, atmosphere, stewards, pies, facilities etc..
The game was a tense
affair with Wycombe taking an early lead but
Southend scored two goals in the second half to
secure a valuable three points. The atmosphere was
good with a drummer in the home end urging the
home fans on. The large Southend following ensured
a good atmosphere too.
6. Comment on getting away from the ground after the game:
We were delayed about 15 minutes leaving the car park but stewards worked well to ensure easy exit for all. Finally I have to mention the friendliness of all the stewards and staff at Wycombe who all appear to love their work with warm smiles and cheerful greetings. A credit to the club!
7. Summary of overall thoughts of the day out:
A great day out despite
freezing cold weather and a long journey, all
helped by the result and the genuine friendliness
of staff at Wycombe. The best I have come across
in many years of attending football league games.
Are you an away or general football fan who has visited Adams Park recently?
If so why not submit your own review of the ground and general day out?
Find out more about how to submit a review
to the Guide to Adams Park -
Wycombe Wanderers page
Football Ground Guide Index