- Wolverhampton Wanderers
Vs Fulham, Premier League
Sunday August 21st 2011, 2pm
By John Smith
1. Why you were looking forward to going to the ground (or not as the case may be):
I was looking forward to this game as it was our first away game of the season and there’s generally a few Fulham fans that go to this fixture resulting in a good atmosphere. Also, it’s only a two hour journey as oppose to the marathon up to Newcastle/Sunderland.
2. How easy was your journey/finding the ground/car parking?:
We got the train from Euston to Wolverhampton and went into the city centre, following the swarms of gold shirts!
3. What you did before the game pub/chippy.... home fans friendly?
We went to a KFC outlet before entering the ground which was situated in the city centre (a 5 minute walk from Molineux), there didn’t seem to be many away pubs around as all the pubs were decorated in Wolves flags. We had no real interaction with the locals.
4. What you thought on seeing the ground, first impressions of away end then other sides of the ground?
The stadium looks nice and the gold paintwork makes it stand out from a distance. The away section is half of a standard single tier stand in the Jack Harris Stand. The home end (Stan Cullis) is being renovated so wasn’t open at the time.
5. Comment on the game itself, atmosphere, stewards, pies, toilets etc..:
The game itself was poor from a Fulham point of view, from start to finish we were totally outplayed (2-0 to Wolves), if we took our chances it may have been different but with out Zamora we don’t have a clinical finisher. The home fans created a good atmosphere but the Fulham boys weren’t quite on that level, the stewards were good.
6. Comment on getting away from the ground after the game:
Getting away was fine, took about 3 minutes.
7. Summary of overall thoughts of the day out:
Good day out regardless of the scoreline, nice stadium, good fans (apart from 2 nutters that got themselves kicked out) and a relatively nice city!
Are you an away or
general football fan who has visited Molineux recently?
If so why not submit your own review of the ground and general day out?
Click here to find out more.
Return To The Wolves
Return To The Main Menu