Broadhall Way - Stevenage FC
Saturday, May 7th, 2011,
V Bury, League Two, 3pm
By Andy Lawson
1. Why you were looking forward to going to the ground (or not as the case may be):
We were already promoted and had the chance to be champions depending on other results. Either way it was hopefully our last game in League Two for a while.
2. How easy was your journey/finding the ground/car parking?
Apart from getting lost coming through Luton from the M1 the ground is really easy to find from the A1(M). The car park was already full but carried on to the next roundabout and turned left. There was plenty of street parking available.
3. What you did before the game pub/chippy.... home fans friendly?:
Due to not arriviing until 2.45 we just parked up and queued to get in the ground. Even though it was all ticket there were still big queues.
4. What you thought on seeing the ground, first impressions of away end then other sides of the ground?
The away end is farthest away from the road and it looks like a typical non-league ground from the outside - although once inside it does look of a good standard.
5. Comment on the game itself, atmosphere, stewards, pies, toilets etc..
The atmosphere was terrific as we were celebrating our promotion and had some banter with the home fans - but it never looked like getting out of hand. The game itself was an entertaining 3-3 draw, but with Chesterfield winning their game it meant that we had missed out on going up as champions.
6. Comment on getting away from the ground after the game:
We had to walk back through the home fans but there was no trouble. Due to parking on the street we were back on the A1(M) in no time, whilst the people in the car park were still struggling to get out.
7. Summary of overall thoughts of the day out:
A great day out - no problems whatsoever, would go there again without a second thought.
Are you an away or general football fan who has visited Broadhall
If so why not submit your own review of the ground and general day out?
Click here to find out more.
Return To The Stevenage Borough Page
Return To The Main Menu