New York Stadium
Rotherham United v York City
Johnstones Paint Trophy 1st Round
Tuesday September 4th 2012, 7.30pm
1. Why you were looking forward to going to the ground (or not as the case may be):
New ground, literally and first appearance in the competition for a while
2. How easy was your journey/finding the ground/car parking?
Journey was easy as it was midweek, but I can imagine a Saturday game may be a little more tricky due to the Town Centre location. Car Parks a plenty but again, Saturdays may be more tricky
3. What you did before the game pub/chippy.... home fans friendly?
With the Town Centre location it brings with it a wide a varied arrange of drinking hostelries and eating establishments
4. What you thought on seeing the ground, first impressions of away end then other sides of the ground?
Looks impressive from the outside although not completely finished yet but inside it does seem a very small ground and looks like it’s been done on the cheap. The seating areas are quite steep and the stadium has the worse PA system that I’ve ever heard. Worse than a railway station platform
5. Comment on the game itself, atmosphere, stewards, pies, facilities etc..
JPT 1st round – Midweek so the atmosphere wasn’t bouncing, only 4,000 fans in a 12,000 seater stadium. Our 400 away fans made a lot more noise. Stewards very strict and we weren’t allowed to bring flags into the ground and we heard that out ‘drum’ was turned away as well. Only 1 catering outlet open in our stand but as there were only 400 fans, this wasn’t an issue
6. Comment on getting away from the ground after the game:
Not too bad, away quite quickly but again, weekends may be different.
7. Summary of overall thoughts of the day out:
A new stadium and another ticked off the list, but I would describe the footballing experience as OK. York won 1-0 so that part was excellent.