This was originally made up of two structures as
seen below. These were demolished in 1979 to be
replaced by a new single Main Stand. It is not
sure when the original structures were built,
but they certainly pre-date the Second World
This End was given the nickname 'The
Barn' by supporters.
& Popular Side
The Popular Side was covered in 1968.
Special thanks to
Mats Ronnerstam for providing the photos for
They were taken in 1975.
Record Attendance: 20,378 v
Chelsea FA Cup 3rd
Round, January 16th, 1952
Opened in 1906 - the club left to
move to the Deva stadium in 1990.
ground was demolished in the
mid 1990's and a Retail Park was built on
Below is a video
from YouTube showing the ground in 1979
Thanks to W Gibson for sharing this with us: