Old Football Grounds And
                      Stands Banner

Roker Park Football Ground
AFC Sunderland

Record Attendance: 75,118 v Derby County 1933
Ground Opened in 1898 - the club moved to the Stadium Of Light in 1997.

Main Stand
Opened in 1929 it was designed by Archibald Leitch

Main Stand, Roker Park, Sunderland

More Main Stand photos

  Clock Stand
This stand was opened in 1936


Clock Stand

More Clock Stand photos

Fulwell End


A roof was added in 1966 in preparation for Roker Park becoming a World Cup venue.
 
Fulwell End

See more photos of the Fulwell End

  Roker End

Roker End Terrace

See more photos of the Roker End

Thanks to Han van Eijden, David Forsyth (who took his photos in 1989)
and Dave Couseins for providing photos for this page.

Return To The Old Football Grounds Index
 
Return to the Sunderland page of the Football Ground Guide

Football Ground Guide Main Index