Recreation Ground -
To Club Offices
Rear Of The Spion Kop
Rear Of Main Stand And Cross
Looking Down Cross Street
Although this photo looks old it was in
fact taken in December 2010.
Thanks to Chris Connolly for providing the photo.
(taken from the Cross Street End)
The Main Stand was
built in 1936
(taken from the Compton Street Side)
was also used to film scenes for the 'The
For this the Main Stand received a lick of
paint, but in dark green!
Thanks to Jack Willow for providing
Towards The Spion Kop
The Kop was orginally an open terrace.
It had a roof erected over it in 1961.
aka Popular Side
The middle covered portion of this
stand dates back to the 1920's.
It was extended along the full length of the
pitch in the early 1950's.
Compton Street Stand
It was made all seated
Towards The Cross Street End
Closer Look At The Spion Kop
The impressive looking floodlights were
installed in 1967.
Chesterfield was the last Football League Club
to do so.
Closer Look At The Cross Street End
at the last league game against Bournemouth in
The ground was
demolished in 2012 and is to be redeveloped for
Division Two, April 7th, 1949.
Ground Opened in 1884* - the club
moved to the new B2net
Stadium in 2010.
Return To The Old
Grounds And Stands Main
Retuen To The
Chesterfield Page Of The Guide
Guide Main Index
* It is believed that
football had been played on the site from
at least 1870.