Record attendance: 18,000 in 1935.
Last league game played at Plough Lane was
in May 1991
Reserve games were played there until 1998.
Ground was demolished in 2002 and was
redeveloped for housing.
The first team
left Plough Lane in 1991 to
groundshare with Crystal Palace at
Selhurst Park. After the Taylor Report the Premier
League had made it a stipulation for Clubs
that stadiums be made all seated. It
was felt that the costs of re-developing
Plough Lane or at least trying to make it
all seated were prohibitive and
the Club eventually left.
Below is a video from
YouTube showing the ground in 1979
Thanks to W Gibson for
sharing this with us:
Special thanks to David Forsyth for
sharing these photos.
The photos were taken in 1988. At this
time the ground capacity was 19,000.