Old Football Grounds And
                    Stands Banner

Highfield Road, Coventry City
Ground Opened in 1899

South Stand

South Stand, Highfield Road, Coventry
                      City

West Stand

West Stand, Highfield Road, Coventry
                      City

East Stand

East Stand, Highfield Road, Coventry
                      City

Main Stand
Thanks to Juztin Long for providing the photos below:

Main Stand, Highfield Road Coventry
                      City

East Stand On Matchday

East Stand
                          On Matchday, Highfield Road

The Spion Kop Terrace

The Spion Kop Terrace was built in 1922. It was made all seated in 1981 when Coventry City became the first club in England to have an all seated stadium. The experiment failed four years later the seats were removed from the Kop and it became all standing once again. The Kop was replaced by a new East Stand (costing 4.3m) in 1993.

Record Attendance: 51,455 v Wolverhampton Wanderers
Division 2, April 29th, 1967.

The club moved to the Ricoh Arena in 2005.

Highfield Road was demolished and re-developed with a housing estate.

Return To The Old Grounds And Stands Main Menu
 
Return to the Coventry City page of the Football Ground Guide

Football Ground Guide Main Index