Photos Of Old Ewood Park, Blackburn Rovers, prior to its redevelopment

Old Football Grounds And
                      Stands Banner

Old Ewood Park
Blackburn Rovers

Apart from the Riverside Stand on one side, the three other sides of Ewood Park were replaced by their present structures between 1992 and 1994. The photos and video below show Ewood Park before these major developments.

Nuttall Street Stand External View

Nuttall Street Stand External View

The Nuttall Street Main Stand was originally opened in 1907,
It was demolished and replaced by the Jack Walker Stand in 1994.


Nuttall Street Stand, Ewood Park,
                        Blackburn

Nuttall Street Stand

Blackburn End Turnstiles

Blackburn End Old Entrance

Blackburn End External View

Blackburn End External View

Blackburn End Terrace
It was replaced by a new stand that was opened in 1994

Blackburn End Terrace

Darwen End External View

Darwen End External View

Darwen End Terrace
It was replaced by a new stand that was opened in 1994

Darwen End Terrace

Below is a video from YouTube showing the ground in 1979
Thanks to W Gibson for sharing this with us:


                   
Thanks to Han van Eijden and David Forsyth (who took his photos in 1990) for providing photos for this page.

 Return To The Blackburn Page Of The Football Ground Guide

Return To The Old Grounds & Stands Menu

Return To The Main Football Ground Guide Menu