Old Football Grounds And
                      Stands Banner

Eastville - Bristol Rovers

North Stand
This stand was built in 1958

North Stand, Eastville Stadium

A Closer Look At The North Stand

A Closer Look At The North Stand,
                      Eastville Stadium, Bristol

East Terrace

East Terrace, Eastville Ground

The stadium was also used for greyhound racing for a number of years, before finally being re-developed as a Retail Park in 1998. The ground was close to a large gas holder and the smell that sometimes wafted over the ground, which gave the Club fans their nickname of  'The Gas' or 'Gas heads'. The Club moved to Twerton Park where they ground shared with Bath City for 10 years before moving back to Bristol and to the Memorial Ground in 1996.

Record Attendance: 38,472 v Preston North End 1960
Ground Opened in 1897 - the club left in 1986

Below is a video from YouTube showing the ground in 1979
Thanks to W Gibson for sharing this with us:


Do you have any photos of the Eastville Ground that would enhance this page?
If so please e-mail
duncan@footballgroundguide.com.

Return To The Old Grounds And Stands Main Menu
 
 Return To The Bristol Rovers Page Of The Football Ground Guide

Football Ground Guide Main Index