Boothferry Park - Hull City
Of The Main (West Stand)
is a view of the back of the North end of the
ground which is still in existence today. This
end used have a tidy looking stand, but the
club demolished it in the early 1980's so that
a supermarket could be built at that end,
leaving only a small open terrace. Note the
to Owen Pavey For Providing The Photos Below:
The South Stand
The stand was
opened in 1966.
The Main (West) Stand
Hull City Football
Club were formed in 1904. They originally
played at the Boulevard Ground the then home
of Hull Rugby League Football Club. After
only one season they played at the Circle,
which was Hull's Cricket Club Ground before
moving to a new ground a short distance away
on Anlaby Road in 1905. In the late 1920's
the Club were informed that the ground was
to be re-developed to make way for a new
railway. In preparation for this the Club
purchased some land which was to become the
site of Boothferry Park. But development was
slow and this coupled with the delay to the
new railway meant that there was no great
urgency to move and it was not until August
1946 that Boothferry Park, was officially
opened for the visit of Lincoln City. The
Club were to remain at Boothferry Park until
moving to the new KC Stadium in 2002.
Interestingly the site of the new stadium is
on the same spot of the old Circle ground.
ground had its very own railway station
called Boothferry Park Halt and spectators
could enter the ground via turnstiles on the
Attendance: 55,019 v
FA Cup 6th Round,
February 26th, 1949.
First game under floodlights:
January 1953 v Dundee.
stadium was finally demolished in 2008.
Return To The Old
Grounds And Stands Main
The Hull City Page Of The Football Ground
Football Ground Guide Main