The former home of Derby County FC
The ground was
opened in 1894.
Attendance: 41,826 v Tottenham Hotspur 1969.
The Club previously played at
the Racecourse Ground,
which is still the current home of Derbyshire
This Stand was built in 1926
See more photos of the Main Stand
known as the 'Ossie End' by the Derby
supporters. This originally
had terracing in both the Upper and Lower
Tiers. It was built in 1933.
photos of the then Osmaston End
This Stand was built in 1935. Again
this end, used to house
terracing in both the upper and lower tiers.
more photos of the Normanton End
This was quite 'modern' compared to the
other stands having been built in 1969.
It was named after the Ley Foundry that was
located behind it.
more photos of the Ley Stand
at the Last Game Against Arsenal
11/5/97 Attendance 18,287 (Score 1-3)
Originally the Baseball Ground
was a sports ground for workers from a
nearby foundry, called the Ley's
Malleable Castings Vulcan Ironworks. The
foundry owner Sir Fancis Ley, after
visiting the United States became keen
on Baseball and the ground was laid out
in this way and the name stuck!
The Ground was demolished and has been
redeveloped as a housing estate. As a
tribute all the names of the new roads are
named in connection with the football club.
So you may one day live in Baseball Drive or
Club moved to Pride Park (now the iPro
Stadium) in 1997.
to David Forsyth, Han van Eijden, Owen Pavey
and Carl Ackers for providing the photos for
to the iPro Stadium Derby County
Return To The Old
Grounds And Stands Main
Football Ground Guide Main