Old Football Grounds And
                    Stands Banner

Ayresome Park
Middlesbrough Football Club

Ground Opened in September 1903 - the club moved to the Riverside Stadium in 1995
Record Attendance: 53,596 v Newcastle United in December 1949

Entrance Gates

Entrance Gates

North Stand
This stand dated back to when the ground was first built in 1903

North Stand

The semi circular gable featured a clock
The advertising around it reads 'McEwan's 80/- Time'

Ayresome Park, Middlesbrough, North
                      Stand

Ayresome Park, Middlesbrough, A
                      Closer look at the North Stand

South Stand External View

External

South Stand
This stand was built in 1936

South Stand

Holgate End External View

Holgate End External
                      View

Holgate End

Ayresome Park, Middlesbrough, Holgate
                      End

The Holgate End Close Up

Looking across the
                      Holgate End

East Stand
This originally was an open terrace but had seats and a roof installed in 1966

East Stand

Looking Across The East Stand

Looking Across The East
                                    Stand

The floodlights were installed and first used in 1957.
The ground also staged three World Cup matches in 1966.

Special thanks to David Forsyth and Han van Eijden for providing the photos for this page.


Return To The Old Grounds And Stands Main Menu
 
Return to the Riverside Stadium Middlesbrough FC page of the Football Ground Guide

Football Ground Guide Main Index