Old Football Grounds And
                    Stands Banner

Arsenal Stadium, Highbury - Arsenal FC

East Stand External Views.
This stand wad opened in 1936. Although similar to the West
Stand (which was opened four years earlier). This was the 'Main Stand'
as it housed the Director's area, players changing rooms and Club offices.

Hirghbury, Arsenal,
                            External View

East Stand Highbury Facade Close Up

West Stand Entrance

West Stand Entrance

North Bank Terrace
The terrace was demolished in 1992 and replaced with an all seated stand.


North Bank Terrace

The Clock End Terrace

Clock End Terrace

A roof and executive boxes were added to the Clock End 1989.
It was made all seater in 1993.

South Bank With Terrace

East Stand & The Clock End (South Stand)

East Stand & The Clock
                      End (South Stand)

A Closer Look At The East Stand

A Closer Look At The East
                      Stand

The North Bank & East Stand

The North Bank & East
                      Stand

Below is a video from YouTube showing the ground in 1979
Thanks to W Gibson for sharing this with us:


Since leaving the stadium, both ends have been demolished.
The facades of both the East & West Stands have been preserved and apartments
  have been built behind them, with the pitch serving as a communal garden.

The Ground Opened In 1913
Record Attendance:
73,295 v Sunderland
Division One, March 9th, 1935.

The Club moved the short distance to the Emirates Stadium in 2006.

Thanks to Keith Last for supplying a couple of photos for this page.
More of his photos can be viewed on his
Flickr Account
.

Return To The Old Grounds And Stands Main Menu

 Return To The Arsenal Page Of The Football Ground Guide

Football Ground Guide Main Index