Carrow Road - Norwich City FC
Sunday November 28th 2010
Vs Ipswich Town, Championship League, 1.15pm
By Will Harris
1. Why you were looking forward to going to the ground (or not as the case may be):
The 'old farm' derby is always a classic and this was to be my first trip to Carrow Road.
2. How easy was your journey/finding the ground/car parking?
My friends and I travelled up via the club coach. Smooth journey in to the car park near to the ground and then we had a police escort right down to the away section.
3. What you did before the game pub/chippy.... home fans friendly?
Didn't have a chance to go exploring as we escorted straight into the ground.
4. What you thought on seeing the ground, first impressions of away end then other sides of the ground?
The first views of the ground were from the coach and whilst walking down to the ground. It somehow didn't look like a football ground from the outside. We went straight into the concourse and had a couple of drinks and a pie. The atmosphere was great amongst the Ipswich fans on the concourse. It was spacious but there were so many town fans there it was a job to move. Slowly, we made our way to our seats. the view from the away end was good but it was difficult to see the action in the half to our left.
5. Comment on the game itself, atmosphere, stewards, pies, toilets etc..
The match started off well with the teams matched but when Norwich went 2-1 ahead, it all fell apart from there. Great noise from the Town fans and fairly vocal support from the home side. Ipswich and Norwich fans were kept apart only by a few stewards but more came out in force for the second half when the atmosphere turned a bit nasty. A few Ipswich fans had foolishly managed to get into the Norwich section but the police were on hand to sort the problems out.
6. Comment on getting away from the ground after the game:
We were kept behind afterwards but then made our way back to the coach and got away quickly and were soon back in Ipswich.
7. Summary of overall thoughts of the day out:
The first half hour was good but the match itself was a huge disappointment. Great noise from the Ipswich fans, even being 4-1 down. Average ground, smart but nothing special. Would definately return next year.