Norwich City v Tottenham Hotspur
Tuesday December 27th, 2011, 7.45pm
(Tottenham Hotspur fan)
1. Why you were looking forward to going to the ground (or not as the case may be):Not a bad night out and worth the effort when you win. I wouldn't want to pay another £45 for that view and as a result I doubt I'll be heading back except for an important end of season game.
Quite simply, i've never been to Carrow Road before. When the fixtures are announced I always look out for grounds I have not been to and when Norwich away was scheduled for Boxing Day I was happy enough. The game was later moved to the following evening for TV coverage.
2. How easy was your journey/finding the ground/car parking?
Living in Wolverhampton, the journey to Norwich was always going to be a hassle but myself, my Dad and a friend set off at 2.30pm and made great time to Cambridge. But once we hit the A11 we pretty much ground to a halt through no reason other than traffic. I would definitely avoid it if you can. We parked in a multi-storey car park in the city centre and we were left then with a ten minute walk to the ground.
3. What you did before the game pub/chippy.... home fans friendly?
We went for a drink in a Wetherspoons which over looked the river on Wherry Road. The pub was packed but the staff were selling bottles from cool boxes at the front door so we were able to get a drink quicker then anyone heading to the bar. Fans of both teams were in there, plenty of singing but no troubl.
4. What you thought on seeing the ground, first impressions of away end then other sides of the ground?
The ground was pretty much as I expected having seen plenty of ground photos before. The away fans are allocated northern end of the Jarrold Stand which has plenty of turnstiles so there were no queues and plenty of leg room once at your seat. Our seats were on the second row in line with the penalty spot, and with both goals being scored at the other end of the ground my view of both wasn't good. I only knew who scored the first when it was shown on the scoreboard above the Barclay End.
5. Comment on the game itself, atmosphere, stewards, pies, facilities etc..
The atmosphere inside the ground was excellent as the teams took the field. Norwich had made a good start to their return to the top flight and Spurs were in 3rd place heading into the fixture. There was plenty of banter flying between ourselves and the fans in the Barclay End. The game itself was a bit of a let down with Spurs controlling the game but not creating too much in the first half. At half time it was goalless. In the second half, Spurs finally took the lead through Gareth Bale who later added a second to make it in the end a comfortable win.
6. Comment on getting away from the ground after the game:
No problems. The Norwich fans seemed more disappointed with there own performance to worry about a few Spurs fans walking by. Back in the car and on the road in good time and back in my bed by 2:00am.
7. Summary of overall thoughts of the day out
Are you an away or general football fan who has visited Carrow Road recently?
If so why not submit your own review of the ground and general day out?
Find out more about how to submit a review
to the Carrow Road Norwich City page
Football Ground Guide Index