Stadium - Crawley Town
Saturday, December 10th, 2011,
V Burton Albion, 3pm
By Iain Ferguson
1. Why you were looking forward to going to the ground (or not as the case may be):
Burton were on a good run and with Crawley at the top of League
Two, this seemed like a good away trip to go to. Also a new ground never visited before.
2. How easy was your journey/finding the ground/car parking?
Set off about 10am and a easy enough trip down the motorway. Got there about half one and parked in a side street across the roundabout easy enough, with a short walk under the subway to the ground.
3. What you did before the game pub/chippy.... home fans friendly?
Went in the large bar at the ground behind the home end. Crawley fans and staff were friendly and both sets of supporters were in the bar with no trouble at all.
4. What you thought on seeing the ground, first impressions of away end then other sides of the ground?
Ground only has three sides and apart from a seated Main Stand is nothing to write home about. Still has a "Conference" feel to it. Burton fans were only given one corner of terracing, though the of the view of pitch was okay.
5. Comment on the game itself, atmosphere, stewards, pies, facilities etc..
The 200 or so Burton fans were in good voice with some entertaining banter between the subs and the 2 sets of fans. Crawley fans very quiet. Notible chants included "3 sides and a motorway" refering to Crawley as not a particulary notable town. Food was slightly overpriced for the below average fair on offer. Had a burger which was tasteless. Stewarding was petty and over the top. They looked in my girlfriends bag and asked her to take the top of her plastic coke bottle, then threw it on the floor!
6. Comment on getting away from the ground after the game:
Left 5 minutes early as Burton were comprehensively beaten three nil and we were back on the motorway within minutes.
7. Summary of overall thoughts of the day out:
Disappointed with Burton's performance AGAINST arguably the best team in League Two this year and stewards put a slight dampener on a cold day out..
Are you an away or general football fan
who has visited Broadwood Stadium recently?
If so why not submit your own football ground review of the ground and general day out?
Return To The Crawley Town Page
Return To The Main Menu