Cherry Red Records Stadium
AFC Wimbledon v Southend United
Tuesday, November 20th 2012, 7.45pm
By Stephen Spooner
1. Why you were looking forward to going to the ground (or not as the case may be):
I was looking forward to visiting another new ground.
2. How easy was your journey/finding the ground/car parking?
The journey by car from North Wales, as an exiled Southend fan was a 460 mile round trip. The M6 and M40 were all straight forward but I got stuck in traffic on the M25.
I parked in the ground car park, which was free, albeit on a grassed area which serves as an overspill car park for the Club. Parking seemed to be very limited in the streets around the stadium.
3. What you did before the game pub/chippy.... home fans friendly?
Friendly steward directing people in parking and around the ground, friendly fans as fans get mixed with all parking in the home stand area.
4. What you thought on seeing the ground, first impressions of away end then other sides of the ground.
The stadium is small and compact, and you have to walk to the other side of the ground from the car park to the away end. Has a nice small club shop behind the home stand.
5. Comment on the game itself, atmosphere, stewards, pies, facilities etc..
Had a cheeseburger and coke from the burger van inside the ground, served in a foil bag so kept warm during the cold November evening game. Had a choice to sit or stand. Took the standing option. great view as close to the pitch and nothing blocking views. The game was fantastic with Southend winning 4-0.
6. Comment on getting away from the ground after the game:
Easy to get away from the ground with traffic flowing freely.
7. Summary of overall thoughts of the day out:
A long journey, but completely worth it, with a Southend win. Looking forward to seeing AFC Wimbledon in their new ground next time.
Are you an away or general football fan
who has visited the Cherry Red Records Stadium
If so why not submit your own review of the ground and general day out?
Click here to find out more.
Return To The AFC Wimbledon Page
Return To The Main Menu